International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd
Financial Services Guide
Issue Date: 27 June 2023
Issued by: The International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd (IDTA)
ACN: 165 005 550
The International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd (IDTA) Corporate Authorized Representative (CAR Number: 001250922) of Beyond Capital Asset Management Pty Ltd (Australian Financial Services License Number: 484045)
- Address: 4 Farm Grove Road, BEECHMONT, QLD, 4211
- Phone: (07) 5551 4050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.idta.com.au
What is a Financial Services Guide?
This Financial Services Guide (FSG) is designed to:
- Help you decide whether to use any of our financial services;
- Inform you about the financial services (including the type of advice we give) we provide and the products for which those services relate;
- Tell you about the fees you can expect to pay for the financial services;
- Inform you about the remuneration and benefits received by us or any related person; and
- Inform you about how we handle complaints.
Other disclosure documents
We will not provide you with any personal financial product advice. Any advice we provide to you is general advice only, and does not take into account your specific needs or objectives. All of our commentary, statements of opinion and recommendations in relation to financial products have been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situations or needs. It is up to you to decide whether or not you want to use our services, and if you need assistance or advice in this regard, you should consult a suitably qualified financial adviser.
You will not receive a Statement of Advice from IDTA.
If we make an offer to arrange the issue of a financial product to you, where applicable we will also provide you with a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), Product Information Statement (PIS), or Prospectus. These documents contain information about the particular financial product to assist you in making an informed decision about that product. These documents will include any relevant terms, significant risks and costs associated with the supply of that financial product.
Who are we?
IDTA is a corporate authorized representative of Beyond Capital Asset Management Pty Ltd (sometimes referred to as “The Licensee” throughout this FSG) who holds Australian Financial Services License Number 484045.
The International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd (sometimes referred to as “IDTA”, “we”, “us” or “our” throughout this FSG) provide the financial services set out in this Guide. The Licensee has authorized IDTA to provide these financial services and the distribution of this FSG, and shares the same contact details as IDTA (disclosed at the start of this FSG).
Please be aware that your telephone calls may be recorded for training and compliance purposes. Please tell us if you do not wish for your call to be recorded.
How you can contact us?
You can get in touch with us through the contact details on the front page or at the end of this FSG or our website. You can also contact Beyond Capital Asset Management Pty Ltd on (07) 5551 4060.
What financial services or products can we provide?
We are authorized to provide “general advice” on futures and derivatives, for purposes of futures day trading education.
This means that we can provide you with:
- General advice on futures and derivatives
When we provide these services, we are acting on behalf of The Licensee, who is acting on its own behalf. It does not act on behalf of any other product provider.
Other services we provide include:
- Learn to Trade Courses.
- Membership to our technical support and information services.
- Access to our Trading Hub Community Support Groups
Our representatives include presenters, educators and technical experts, who are either employees, consultants, contractors or directors of IDTA, or the Licensee, or both. For more information please see: idta.com.au
What do we mean by general advice?
General Advice: Any advice, opinion or trading view provided by The International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd is general in nature and does not take into account any of your objectives, financial situation &/or needs. Should you act on this information you should consider the appropriateness of the information in relation to your personal circumstance, investment requirements & the associated risk your action may expose you to, and if necessary, seek independent advice.
Risk Warning: Trading in leveraged or geared products such as derivatives carries a high level of risk to your capital and you should only trade with money you can afford to lose. You should consider your investment objectives, risk tolerance & trading experience when deciding to invest in futures and derivatives or to become a member of or attend training courses offered by The International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd. Prior to investing in futures or derivatives, The International Day Trading Academy Pty Ltd recommends you seek independent advice. It is possible to lose more than your initial investment capital when dealing in markets that offer clients the ability to utilize leverage or gearing. Trading derivatives may not be suitable for all investors. Clients must ensure, prior to investing, they fully understand the risks involved and should seek independent advice in relation to these risks if they do not fully understand them.
Performance Caution Notice: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. There are risks involved with trading futures and derivatives. When considering if you should learn how to trade futures with IDTA, you should consider if it is appropriate for your investment requirements prior to entering into an agreement.
What fees and remunerations do we receive?
By using or continuing to use our services, you agree that:
- Fees and charges received by us as described in this FSG are a benefit given to us by you, in exchange for the services provided by us;
- Brokerage: The authorizing licensee Beyond Capital Asset Management Pty Ltd may receive a portion of the client brokerage commissions that you pay to the nominated third party broker on execution of trades.
- Fees and Charges received by us are for Education Programs including online video courses, in person courses and private coaching. Fees and Charges vary on the program you take. Private Coaching ranges from $330 AUD – $1770. Course Bundles Essentials Express, Essentials, Boost and TBS range from $3294.50 – $17,533.
- Fees and Charges received by us are for Subscription products including Live Trading Room, Group Coaching and Trading Platform Indicators. Fees and Charges Range from $129 AUD – $448 AUD.
- Representatives are paid by these fees; and
- When you subscribe to our service and/ or open an account with the nominated third party broker you understand, consent to, authorize and direct us to charge you in this way.
How are representatives paid?
IDTA and The Licensee’ directors and representatives are paid a salary or consultancy fees and may also receive bonuses which are calculated depending on the company’s and the individual’s performance.
More information about our fees and charges
Please contact us if you would like further information on our fees and charges or remuneration and other benefits received by the representatives of The Licensee. Your request, however, must be made within a reasonable time after you are given this FSG and before any financial service is provided to you.
Details of Associations or Relationships
IDTA has a relationship with its nominated third party brokers which are providers of execution, clearing and settlement services. These relationships in no way influence the provision of financial services by IDTA to you.
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information. If you do not provide some or all of the personal information requested by us, we may be unable to provide you with our products or services.
We collect information about you for the following purposes
- to assist us in providing requested products or services to you, including portfolio, trading and education services;
- to consider and assess your request for a product or service;
- to provide you information about a product or service and invite you to marketing events;
- to protect our business and other customers from fraudulent or unlawful activity;
- to conduct our business and perform other management and administration tasks;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may have;
- to manage any legal actions involving IDTA;
- to comply with relevant laws, regulations and other legal obligations, including the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Act 2006 and Corporations Act 2001; and
- to help us improve the products and services offered to our customers, and to enhance our overall business.
We may need to disclose your personal information to:
- a related entity of IDTA;
- an agent, contractor or service provider we engage to carry out our functions and activities, such as our lawyers, accountants, and trading platform providers;
- organisations involved in a transfer or sale of all or part of our assets or business;
- organisations involved in managing our payments, payment merchants and other financial institutions such as banks;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts; and
- anyone else to whom you authorize us to disclose it or as required by law.
We may disclose personal information to recipients that are located outside Australia in some circumstances. We use cloud data storage providers that operate internationally and therefore your personal information may be sent to servers that are located overseas. It is impracticable for us to list the locations in which these servers may be located.
- you may access the personal information we hold about you;
- you may seek the correction of your personal information; and
- to make a privacy complaint and how we will deal with your complaint.
Complaints procedure and compensation arrangements
What should you do if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint, you can contact us and discuss your complaint.
Please contact the Complaints Manager of our Licensee using any of the contact details at the start of this FSG. We will try and resolve your complaint quickly, fairly and within prescribed timeframes.
If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction within 30 days, you have the right to refer the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.
- Website: www.afca.org.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
- In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
Beyond Capital Asset Management Pty Ltd as the authorizing licensee for IDTA holds professional indemnity insurance as required by s912B of the Act. This insurance provides cover for claims made against us and our representatives.